Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday Week 3


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, each new week they will post a new top ten list, seems easy, right? It totally is.


 This weeks top ten is...

What is your Top Ten TBR Books of Fall 2011?

Let the fun begin...

  1. The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton: First off, GORRRGEOUS cover. I am such a cover whore, I can't help it... you know you feel the same way too... This debut novel sounds fancytastic. Stories that are set in Victorian England get my corset extra tight, and to top it off it has to do with the spellbinding Fey. Eeek. Obviously, I am anxiously anticipating the release of this book. Release Date 9-27-2011
  2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: Yep, another stunning cover but what really sold me on this book was the praise by one of my all time favorite authors, Patrick Rothfuss. He raved about it. So, that is all I needed to know. SOLD.  Release Date 9-27-2011.
  3. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: I think this story may have it all: Princess, check. The Chosen One, check. Hero, check. Magic, check. Prophecy, check. Yep, sounds like it will rock my world. Release Date 9-20-2011.
  4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: This sounds creepy and eerie. I don't usually read this genre of book but between the cover and the buzz it's getting, I'm very interested. Release Date 9-27-2011
  5. Dearly Departed by Lia Habel: I have been wanting to read more zombie-esque books but haven't quite found one I want to pop my cherry with BUT Dearly Departed sounds enchanting and wait for it, zombies AND a futuristis- steampunk -manners -version -of-Victorian England. I'm in heaven. Can it be October yet? Oh and how can I not mention the stunning cover? Release Date 10-18-2011 
  6. Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon: Form the reviews I have read, this books seems to be in its own class of awesome-ness. I look forward to reading it and experiencing the passion and the power of this book. Release Date  10-4-2011
  7.  The Pledge by Kimbely Derting: I haven't read her Body Finder's Series....yet, but they are definitely moving closer to my tippy top of the TBR pile.  This books screams intensity and power. Release Date 11-15-2011
  8. Cossed by Ally Condie: I wasn't completely mesmerized by Matched like everyone else, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the whole concept and I'm thinking book two is really going to shine for me. Release Date 11-1-2011
  9. Darker Still (Magic Most Foul) by Leanna Renee Hieber: I tried reading her Strangely Beautiful  book. didn't really capture my attention, but this book sounds va-va-awesome. Dorain Gray meets Pride and Prejudice with a Dash of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. And check out that gorgeous cover. Release Date 11-1-2011
  10. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: I know this book is totally popping up like gremmlins in water on TEP TEN this week but I need to know. I want it now. Release Date (NOT SOON ENOUGH) 12-6-2011
This list is in no particular order and you can best this list really doesn't stop at 10 but... :)

If you comment make sure you leave a linky so I can come check out your Top Ten!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I thought about doing Top Ten Tuesday this week, and started making a list, and it looked almost exactly like this! No lie. Except mine kept going until I decided I just couldn't narrow it down and gave up. But your list is awesome! Some others I'm excited about: Anna Dressed in Blood, The Night Circus, Lola and the Boy Next Door, Past Perfect, and As I Wake.

Lacey said...

Jenny, yes to all the books you mentioned. I just decided to pick 10 from my Future release folder off Goodreads. I cannot wait for September! We have so many stellar books coming out BRACE YOURSELVES

Jenni Elyse said...

I want to read Clockwork Prince, Crossed, and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer too. Clockwork Prince and Crossed will push whatever I've reading out of the way once they're released, lol.

Rebecca V said...

Great books there. Pretty much all of those are on my to read list. Ugh I have to occupy my time with other books while I wait.

Unknown said...

You and I have a lot of similar books on our Top Ten list! There are soo many books coming out that it makes it so hard to decide. gah.

-Kat

http://katmuntser-reviews.blogspot.com/

Sophia said...

Super great list! I'm so excited for Mara Dyer! Other books like Crossed and Clockwork Prince would be on my list as well, but I haven't read the first book in those series yet. Haha, I really need to catch up on my TBR.

Sarah (Escaping Through Books) said...

Great list! Crossed and Clockwork Prince remind me that I still need to read Matched and Clockwork Angel... they've been on my shelf pretty much since they were released last year!

Sash and Em said...

these are all GREAT books! :)

Mimi said...

This is a great list! A lot of these I have been wanting to read!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and Twitter ;)

New Follower!

Anonymous said...

I too have heard great things about The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Hope its good!

Cheap Flights said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Thank you! For commenting. I love, LOVE, comments and I usually respond (as soon as I can)

Please note: Owl Love You Books is an award-free zone. I am very flattered, but comments are all the thanks I need.
Thanks for stopping by and saying HI

-Lacey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...