Friday, August 5, 2011

Review: Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Paperback: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Pages: 352
Publisher: HarperTeen  
Release Date: July 26th, 2011
Genre: Young Adult/Paranormal Romance
Rating:  
♥♥♥♥


Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal.

Two-is words… Bleepin-tastic J But the journey to the fantastic was a little weighed down by Evie being kind of an obnoxious teenager, but the ending more than made up for her behavior. The first few chapters I found myself laughing out loud. I forgot how much I missed Evie’s sense of humor and use of bleep for cuss words. We’re back in Supernaturally, and Evie has managed to adjust to her life as a normal teenager… who are we kidding? She is still fascinated with her locker. Evie is doing her best at fitting in but, Evie isn’t normal and things start to get really strange in Supernaturally. IPCA has come back into the picture, things have been getting out of control and they could really use someone with Evie’s particular talents. Lend is of course against this from the beginning but Evie feels she can finally do some good.  One condition for Evie is there is no bleepin way will she work with a single fairy. But see, this has been all worked out. Jack (who isn’t quite normal and not fairy) can navigate the paths quite well but he is down-right mischievous and seems to always pop up at the most unfortunate times, like the girls locker room before gym. Oops. Evie and Jack begin their adventures with some troubles, shocking. J Evie continues to find herself in situations of mortal peril and she is forced to use her soul sucking skill to escape. I started getting irritated with Evie near the middle of the book. I was bored with her. I know. I hate to hate but I didn’t like where our spunky Evie was headed for. BUT, we have a bleepin BUT here, she really came through in the end and does some major kick-ass stuff. Some heavy whipped cream gets spilled all over Evie, okay that sounded a lot more dirty than I meant. Rephrase. Some heavy shiz goes down and our girl shows that she insn’t some ditzy-girl but she has some balls and isn’t afraid to open a can of glitter and pink whoop-ass.
I was worried for a while that I was going to just skim and read the ending but Kiersten White brought me back into the story with some twist and shocking revelations. I am definitely pumped for some bleepin fun in Endlessly.
♥♥♥♥




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! For commenting. I love, LOVE, comments and I usually respond (as soon as I can)

Please note: Owl Love You Books is an award-free zone. I am very flattered, but comments are all the thanks I need.
Thanks for stopping by and saying HI

-Lacey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...