Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Review: Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren

Paperback: Cascade (River of Time Book 2)
Author: Lisa T Bergren
Pages: 416
Publisher: David C Cook  
Release Date: June 1st, 2011(reprint edition)
Genre: Young Adult/High Adventure/Fantasy
Rating:  
♥♥♥♥

Mom touched my underdress—a gown made six hundred years before—and her eyes widened as she rubbed the raw silk between thumb and forefinger. She turned and touched Lia’s gown. “Where did you get these clothes?”
Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.
But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever. {Goodreads.com}


If Waterfall was a battle then Cascade is definitely a war! We pick up right where we left off in Waterfall and the action and suspense doesn’t disappoint. After very little persuasion, the She-Wolves return with their mother in tow. A few weeks have passed but the bond between Marcello (swoon) and Gabi is just as strong. Coming back the sisters realize they and Castle Forelli are the brink of war with Firenze and they are nearing the beginning of  The Black Plague. This threat is real to everyone even our sister duo.
I love how strong Gabi and Lia are, and Ms. Bergren continues to test them throughout the story. They are proud to represent what they see as their home and protect the people within its wall. We see more of the handsome cousin duo, Marcello and Luca who will bewitch more readers in this sequel. We especially witness the love between a certain cousin and sister. (no spoilers) The introduction of Gabi and Lia’s mother was seamless and she fit right into 14th century Italy. Waterfall was a good book but Cascade has taken it to the next level. Be prepared for adrenaline-pumping-action scenes, courageous escapes, incredible plot twist, political complication and the peril of a long time forgotten. This is a fantastic time travel story and I know Torrent  is going to be awesome. 

♥♥♥♥

5 comments:

Lex said...

And I would like to read these as well...Lace my book list is getting wayyy too long! And my aunt just bought me the Kindle for my birthday. Books will always be my first love, but I need to be able to carry about six books with me without physically carrying them. haha

Lacey said...

OOO, How exciting.The Kindle is badass.

You would definitely enjoy this series. :)

Unknown said...

Great review! Totally bought the first book in this series today. I'm excited to read it!

Lacey said...

Thanks Penelope. I hope you enjoy it. It's a lot of fun. Have a great Wednesday

and thanks for stopping by, means a lot to me.

sattakingplaybazaar said...

The right Steps play bazaar websites new creating ideas satta king going to your way.

Post a Comment

Thank you! For commenting. I love, LOVE, comments and I usually respond (as soon as I can)

Please note: Owl Love You Books is an award-free zone. I am very flattered, but comments are all the thanks I need.
Thanks for stopping by and saying HI

-Lacey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...