Friday, August 5, 2011

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday! (week 1)

Book Blogger Hop





Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books.  It is a fun way for bloggers to find each other's blogs and learn about each other.

This week's question/prompt is:

“What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?”

Oh man. This could be a long list...
1. Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck (just found out the 4th book, Tiger's Destiny, will be out next year!)
2. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
4. Insuregent by Veronica Roth ( I would give up reading for a week to have this book, lol)




Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkie and Alison Can Read.


It is a fun way for fellow book bloggers to find new friends in the blogging community!

This week's question is:

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).


The Lord of the Rings with out a doubt changed my reading life permanently. After seeing The Fellowship of the Rings I was enthralled with the whole tale of hobbits and the many other creatures of Middle Earth.  And when I realized I had to to wait another year to see what happens with Frodo and Sam I immediately picked up the complete trilogy. I devoured the detailed and adventurous story with in a few week and couldn't believe I used to make fun of people who read fantasy. From there I started searching for new fantasy reads. I read Harry Potter, Mary Stewart's Artharian Saga,  Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth Series and Philip Pullman's Dark Materials trilogy.  I hate to say it but the series that got  me started in Young Adult was Twilight.  Well, I know I am not alone in that. lol. Now I read everything from high-adventure and epic fantasy to Historical Fiction, Romance and my favorite general gene, Young Adult which hits soo many awesome sub genres.

What books influenced you?  What ARC do you wish you had?

If you are a new follower, make sure you let me know, I'd love to check out your selections and story as well!




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great picks! Philip Pullman's Dark Materials are one of my favorites too :) Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm a new follower!

Lacey said...

Thanks, Amy, I appreciate it.

Howard Sherman said...

post all of the following including the signature to each and every blog at
the Book Blogger hop:

As with just about everything else, most people will be startled to learn which
ARC I’m looking forward to the most.

Shocked, possibly.

So what’s the next ARC I’m looking forward to the most? The one I can’t stop thinking about?
The one that gives me sweaty palms?

Hop on over to my blog now and find out – http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman, Implementor
http://www.howardsherman.net

Susan said...

I agree - I'd love to get my hands on INSURGENT.

Glad to have found you via the Hop!

Jac (Two Moms Reading) said...

I hadn't heard a ton about Insurgent - so I went and looked. Now? I NEED that book!!

Lea Christine said...

Hi Lacey, new follower stopping by!

Oh yes, I am definitely looking forward to the next book in the Divergent series-- that book was A-MAZ-ING!!

Also, I LOVE the LOTR movies, I'm the biggest nerd, I have all the extended editions, heck, I'll even go to special movie events if they're playing-- but for whatever reason, I could never get into the books. I'm glad you enjoy them so much! I don't know why, I just can't get interested. This is the only case where I love the movies more than the books lol.

Anyways, would love if you stopped by to visit my blog sometime! Have a great weekend :)

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Lacey said...

@Susan and @Jac thanks for stopping by.
The HOP is pretty awesome. I've found some great blogs today.


@Lea, it's all about hobbits

Sarah said...

Lots of good stuff! Great picks. :]

Thanks for stopping by my friday memes and following my blog! I'm following your blog now as well! :)

♥ Sarah

Lacey said...

Thanks, Sarah. Means a lot to me. Happy Reading.

sattakingplaybazaar said...

play bazaar mainly helping to wealthy people for making so much good money earn and satta king alos in this bike race make money and London and paris

Post a Comment

Thank you! For commenting. I love, LOVE, comments and I usually respond (as soon as I can)

Please note: Owl Love You Books is an award-free zone. I am very flattered, but comments are all the thanks I need.
Thanks for stopping by and saying HI

-Lacey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...