Monday, July 18, 2011

Review: Divergent, Veronica Roth

Book: Divergent (Divergent Trilogy)
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Adventure
Rating: ♥♥♥



I don’t think I have any complaints about this book, except, that I have to wait until sometime next year for the second book in this epic trilogy to be released, Insurgent, hurry up already. Veronica Roth created and most engaging and terrifying dystopian world where people are now broken up into five different factions: Abnegation who put others before their own needs and where Beatrice is from, the Dauntless who are extremely brave, and fearless, Erudite who are studious, the Amity who are peaceful, and last but certainly not least are Candor who are honest.
At the age bright young age of 16 each child has the opportunity to choose their forever faction. You can either stay where you were raised with your family or you can choose to attempt and assimilate into another one of the four factions. To help prepare you for this very important decision, each person is administered a test of sorts to see where you most likely fit in. Cue book where things get interesting. Beatrice doesn’t test into one of the five factions, oh no, she shows that she has three of these traits. She attempts to get answers as to why this is bad but she isn’t given really any information except don’t tell anyone.
From here on out Beatrice or really, Tris, shows nothing but her determination to make a mark on the world. She makes the one decision that will turn her world upside down.  

***Spoilers***

Once Beaetrice decides to choose Dauntless she ditches her name for Tris. Here she will no longer be the meek silent girl with no voice. She raises up to the challenges that are laid out before her. Divergent, was nothing short of brilliant. I was literally on the edge of my seat with anticipation of the next insane thing our girl was going to go up against. All I am going to say, butter knife in the eye. Damn. I recommend this book to any one into major action, adventure, romance and kick ass heroines.
I think this is one of the best books I've read thus far in 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! For commenting. I love, LOVE, comments and I usually respond (as soon as I can)

Please note: Owl Love You Books is an award-free zone. I am very flattered, but comments are all the thanks I need.
Thanks for stopping by and saying HI

-Lacey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...