Oh, this is a tough one. There is a plethora of brilliant writers out there and we are not short on supply of epic and awesome books/series. Let's just take a look at my top three at present time. . .
- Parasol Protectorate by the charming, Gail Carriger.
- This series is everything a girl could possibly desire out of a Victorian Era slash Steampunk, and let us not forget Paranormal Playfulness series; together these three elements give the reader a thrilling adventure with gay vampires, (Lord Akeldama with his polished dandy’s in smashing attire), manners (the etiquette is hilarious), and the most quirky technology (a parasol that emits poison and darts!) Together, this makes for a riveting escape into the fantastical mind of Ms. Carriger
2. Troy Trilogy by David Gemmell
- One word comes to mind in this breathtaking composition of the battle of Troy, EPIC. This is without a doubt one of the most well-crafted and exquisite writings I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Mr. Gemmell has given life to a myth that has been told throughout the ages and it will not disappoint. I laughed, I cried (the chapter with the Odysseus and the pigs is priceless). You really do make a solid connection with his characters. Thinking about these books is making me hungry to re-read them. If you enjoy mythology, battles, romance, and just straight up historical awesome--ness, give this is a go. First book is titled: Lord of the Silver Bow and ladies, you will definitely swoon at some point. :)
3. Sugar Queen by Sarah Allen Addison
- In this enchanting read you will find yourself longing for small-town companionship, your own fairy godmother and you'll be ravenous. LOL. Ms. Addison whips up a whimsical yet modern day fairytale including books that seem to pop up at their own convenience, a red cardigan that may have its own magic and food, lots of peppermints and grilled sandwiches. This book will make you smile. It sweet, simple and one of my all-time favorite books.