Tuesday, November 15, 2011
I'm participating again in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Basically every Tuesday the peeps over at The Broke and the Bookish post their top ten lists on various topics. They even have a special Top Ten Tuesday page where they have previous topics and upcoming topics discussed as well.
This weeks topic is: Top Ten Books That Have Been on My Shelf the Longest!
I am unfortunately at work, so I can't recall the books in which have occupied my shelves the longest, but will do my best.
1. The first few books in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Once I heard Sanderson was taking over the series I just knew I'd want to read his finishing touches on the series, but I just haven't made the time to start this epic series. Not yet at least.
2. Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella. I absolutely adored the Shopaholic books, but I tried to read this one when it released back in 2009, alas it still sits on my shelf.
3. Bloodring and Seraphs by Faith Hunter. I bought these ages ago. I don't think I'll ever read these.
4. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. I borrowed this from a friend and I really do want to read it, but I know its supposed to be so sad. :( Some day
5. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I don't know if I'll ever read this, lol. infact I have books 1-4, but IDK, I've heard such mixed reviews I can't make up my mind.
6. The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Chima Williams. I LOVE her Seven Realms Series, I just haven't read this one yet. Has anyone read these? Am I missing out?
7. Glimmerglass by Jenna Black. I loved this cover and it was on sale so I went for it. I feel like the Iron Fey takes the cake on faerie books.
8.The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine, I think I have books 1-9, I read her weather warden books. I should really make sometime for these.
9. Atonement by Ian McWan. I actaully tried reading this, long time ago, but couldn't get into it , I'd like to try again.
10. Stones from the River by Ursual Hegi. My mom gave this books to me years ago and I failed at reading it. This book has seriously grand reviews, not sure why I didn't read it.
I have plenty more of books that have been neglected. Maybe on the next read-a-thon I will only read books that have been on my shelf longer two months.