Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday Week 5

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, each new week they will post a new top ten list, seems easy, right? It totally is.


 This weeks top ten is...
Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read
But Me...




1. Wither by Lauren DeStefano: I own it and I've been meaning to read it, for what seems like forever now, but, alas, it just hasn't made it to the tippy top of my pile yet. 

2. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness: I own this too, in eBook and physical. Now, mind you, I just bought it in hardback so I'm sure I will read it soon. There are certain books I prefer reading the physical copy and not an ebook of. This is one of those.

3. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter: I read Heist Society about a month ago and am looking forward to the sequel. I don't own this yet.

4. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting: I don't own any of her books but they always seem to pop up and I'm starting to really want to what all the fuss is about. I love the covers too.

5. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong: I own book 1 & 2 but haven't ever been in the right mood. I read Bitten from her Woman of the Otherworld series and really liked it but wasn't able to get into Stolen so I kind a gave up on KA, but I do really want to eventually read her Darkest Powers series...

6. Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning: I own books 1-4 (i think) and I technically read the first book, but I wasn't over impressed. I started and skimmed book 2. Meh, maybe I just wan't in the right mind set? Everyone I know who has read them adores each book. Sigh. Maybe I'll give the series another shot?

7. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr: Yes, I read book one and skimmed book two but I don't get it... at all. These books were so boring and the hype behind them is bogus, lol. I guess I am just biased because I love The Iron Fey series soo much.

8. The Help by Katheryn Stockett: I watched the movie and enjoyed it. Don't have much desire to read it. 

9. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: I can't believe I've never read this book. I mean really? I am going to read it before this year is over. Done and done.

10. Inferno by Dante: I really feel like everyone of my friends has read this and I'm clueless. lol. Oh well. I'm not sure if I will ever read this one.





I'm glad I read Anna and the French Kiss on Sunday :)


12 comments:

Amanda @ On a Book Bender said...

I'll probably get shot at for saying this, but if you didn't like the first Fever book, don't read the rest. Most people think they get better, but I thought they got worse.

Lacey said...

Victory. I am so glad you said that, Amanda. :) Maybe I'll RAK them or do a giveaway for them OR I can be like any other red-blooded-American and sell em on ebay

Laura said...

I've seen The Help on loads of lists today, which just goes to show that not as many people have read it as we all think!

Hanna @ Booking in Heels said...

I found Kelley Armstrong's 'Darkest Powers' series to be her weakest, while I loved Bitten and Stolen. Strange how opinions differ :)

Good luck with the Great Gatsby! I HATED it. A lot of people like it, but I never really saw the point of it. It's short though, and hopefully you'll do better than I did!

Jenni Elyse said...

The only book I've read on your list is Uncommon Criminals. Everything else is something I've never heard of our is on my TBR list.

Emily H said...

When you read A Discovery of Witches, be prepared for a very slowly moving book! It kind of wends its way towards to plot and stops to look at a whole bunch of roses along the way. I really enjoyed it, but I've found that people who aren't expecting the slowness get a little "..." about it. :D

Anonymous said...

The Help is a fantastic book! Hopefully you get to read it soon :)

Discovery of Witches isn't bad.. read it a while back..

Michele | My Top 10

Priya said...

I just read The Great Gatsby, and while I do understand what all the fuss is about, it's not really the best book ever! It's a great short read though, you should read it!

Sara said...

The Help (book) is much better than the movie, although the movie was pretty good.

Book Sp(l)ot said...

Love this meme - and the subject of it (though I haven't read a few of these either!). The Body Finder series is great - though you know I think that since you commented on my post about waiting for the new one!

Melliane said...

I do hope you will like the other books of the dark fever series. I wasn't thrilled about the first book but after this one I couldn't stop reading them.

prince said...

play bazaar mainly helping to wealthy people for making so much good money earn and satta king alos in this bike race make money and London and paris

Post a Comment

Thank you! For commenting. I love, LOVE, comments and I usually respond (as soon as I can)

Please note: Owl Love You Books is an award-free zone. I am very flattered, but comments are all the thanks I need.
Thanks for stopping by and saying HI

-Lacey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...